This and that
• Save the date: The library will be celebrating its 10th anniversary in this building in August. For the past six months a special committee has been planning a celebration. Plan to attend one or several events during the week of August 14-21. Pick up a schedule of events at the circulation desk for all the details.
• See the quilt: Stop by the library for a look at the quilt to be raffled off by the Solon Beef Days Committee. The quilt, made by Marianne Klouda, is made from past Beef Days T-shirts.
• “World Café” Display Window: The display window is celebrating the foods of the world in conjunction with the Summer Reading Program theme, “One World, Many Stories.” Feast with your eyes the many foods displayed along with the lovely décor and currency of the region for paying the bill. Thanks, Toni.
• Troop Box Update: Thanks to all the Legion patrons for their monetary donations in the jars on the counter. There was enough cash to send two boxes to the troops. Thanks for the magazines donated at the library by various people. And, thanks to the lady who donated a huge quantity of quality paperbacks to send. Our apologies for not getting her name so we could mention her along with her generosity.
• Beef Days Closing: The library will close at 2 p.m. on Friday, July 15, and will be closed all day on Saturday, July 16, so that all can enjoy the fun of Beef Days.