- ” she opened a community information meeting updating progress toward funding the Chicago Flyer passenger rail service. Neades
- adding “we want you onboard.” Neades noted the goal is to not only stop at Iowa City but to continue passenger rail service West to Des Moines and Omaha.
- sees further opportunities for federal funds in the future. An additional $2.5 billion in rail appropriations has been allocated for future applications. McCann also said President Obama has committed $1 million per year in the budget
- to Omaha will help complete the Midwest Regional Rail Initiative’s vision for developing an improved and expanded passenger rail system in the Midwest
- got out of the passenger rail business. Over the last 30 years or so