- it is irresponsible. When questioned at the Oct. 5 meeting about how the payments would be made when it was pointed out that there was not enough revenue generated from the TIF to make the City’s loan payments
- calculating the amount of taxes that could be generated once the loan is repaid– which he anticipates will be long before the 20-year maximum on the TIF district comes.
- the city also agreed to purchase an adjacent 40 acres of land and sell it for future development. The $12 million in bonds for the land purchase would have been repaid through Tax Increment Financing (TIF) revenues and sale of the adjacent lots. However
- we can either raise taxes or use TIF. (TIF) does hurt the schools but it also allows buses to run on reliable roads. There’s not anything in here that I don’t think is needed.”
- “We must not forget our MIAs and POWs. One of the most important things we can do is remember. We owe a debt that can never be repaid.”