• The next time you are in the library, notice the new hummingbird and goldfinch feeders visible from the window in the children’s area. We’ve already seen many beautiful birds and they are so interesting to watch. The hummingbirds have been very plentiful. Be sure and catch a glimpse of them before they migrate.
• Third Grade Bingo will begin in October. Already available is information about birds with beautiful pictures by Dee Meister up in the children’s area. The bird information sheets fulfill one of the boxes on the bingo sheet. Library staff looks forward to greeting all the third graders and assisting them in learning to use the resources in the library.
• The next free and fun early out activity for all Solon students at the library will be on Thursday, Oct. 6, showing the movie, Rio (G). This activity will be from 1:15-3:15 p.m. Last Thursday, approximately 65 kids of all ages gathered for the Sept. 15 early out in the meeting room to try their hand at three different types of painting, some activity sheets and a robust game of “Simon Says” with Miss Jen, Youth Services Librarian.
• The Solon Area Book Club will meet Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. and will be discussing this year’s One Community, One Book selection, “Zeitoun,” by Dave Eggers. The Book Club welcomes adults who wish to join in for just one discussion as well as new memberships. The library will be borrowing extra copies for those who will be participating in this discussion. Solon Public Library has this in audio book shelved in the collection and available for checkout, as well.
• Flip the calendar to October and note that the Halloween party at the library will be on Thursday, Oct. 27, at 6:30 p.m.