Solon Public Library
We are in the process of updating our public computers. It is currently a work in progress, but over time, we will have all new computers with updated software and faster speed for patrons use.
Storytime is a library program that takes place every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. for children ages 2 through 5. Each themed session includes stories, songs, and rhymes followed by a craft. Younger siblings are always welcome to attend. The themes for the rest of May include “Going on an Adventure,” “Bugs,” and “Ways to Travel.”
On school early-out days, the library offers free programming for school-aged children. On Thursday, May 15, will be a craft. We will be making picture frames out of craft sticks and other craft material. This program will start at 1 p.m. and pick up time is 2 p.m.
Monthly drawing winner
Every month the Friends of the Library sponsor a drawing for a $10 prize. All you have to do to participate in this drawing is to read a book checked out from the Solon library (or listen to one) then enter your name to win the prize. The name is picked at the end of each month. April’s winner was Judi Barta.
With the summer reading program right around the corner, you and your family should stop by the library soon to update any changes in your account information (address and/or phone number), renew expired cards, and/or pay any fines down to below $5. This ensures you will be able to enjoy using the library during our busiest season without hassle.
New to Solon? Sign up for a library card before Summer Reading
If your family is new to Solon and you don’t have library cards, now is the perfect time to stop in and sign up for one before the summer reading rush. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendars for the annual Summer Reading Kick-Off Party, which will take place on Thursday, May 29, from 5 until 6:30 P.M.
Dates to remember
• Storytime. Every Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m. for children ages two through five. Join us for stories, songs, and a craft.
• Solon Book Club. Third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
• Meal and a Movie. 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on, usually, the last Friday of the month. The movie is free, but registration is required for the catered meal and costs $7.50 for an entrée, vegetable, and dessert. The movie follows the meal and usually begins around noon. Call Sandra Hanson at 319-624-2710 to register, or sign up at Old Gold Dining.
• Scrabble Challenge. Last Wednesday of each month (May 28). Kids will meet after school 3:30 until 5:30 p.m. Adults will meet 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. Bring your own snacks and Scrabble dictionary.
• Early Out. May 15 activity: Make your own picture frames. This craft program will run from 1 until 2 p.m.
• Kick-Off Party. Thursday, May 29, from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.