IOWA CITY– Five private Iowa City gardens range from charming city lots to multi-acre properties will be part of the Project GREEN Garden Tour June 26. These garden owners have battled storm damage, boggy clay soil, invasive plant species and critter combatants. A map of the tour is on website www.projectgreen.org  or begin at any one of the gardens for a ticket and a tour map.
The tour runs from at 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 26. Admission is $5, 16 and under are free.
Two of the gardens are in the Manville Heights area south of City Park:
• Nora and Bill Steinbrech, 404 Magowan Ave.;
• Carolyn and Anna Boerner, 237 Lexington St.
Three are located off North Dubuque Street, north of Interstate 80:
• Don Bolin and Liz Hall, 7 Valley View Pl. NE;
• Barb and Chuck Clark, 9 Wildberry Ct.;
• Carrol and George Woodworth, 14 Westview Acres NE.