NORTH LIBERTY– It’s that time again– the poster contest for North Liberty Blues & BBQ. It’s not just the poster image though. It’s also used on postcards, in newspapers, on the website, and on signs everywhere. The North Liberty Blues & BBQ planning committee is calling on everyone to enter.
Be warned, this is the sixth year of the celebration and things are getting real creative up in here. Kids are encouraged to enter, too.
Rules of the game:
• Dimensions must be 11x17 or 17x11;
• End product must be in a vector format such as Illustrator or InDesign (Photoshop images must be high-resolution with editable text for export purposes; please attach font files);
• Must be CMYK with at least 300 ppi;
• Must be original;
• Must be super sweet.
Participants may submit multiple entries. Deadline for entries is 12 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 7, sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Must include the following:
• North Liberty Blues & BBQ logo (may be re-colored);
• Date/time of event (Saturday, May 26, 2012, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.);
• Location: North Liberty, Iowa;
• Web address:northlibertyiowa.org/bluesandbbq;
• Slogan: One Day, One Party, One Cool Time;
• May also include: Rain date Sunday, May 27.
What you win:
The image will be used everywhere. “We’ve given postcards to people in December and they always say, ‘Already? Really? Who did the design?’” said committee chair Cheryle Caplinger.
The Blues & BBQ planning committee will judge entries at their first meeting in November.
Good luck. Be cool. Be sure to enter.